In today's modern times, where a surplus of information and activities exists and it seems that many content providers are competing for your attention. There is one simple question you may ask:
Why shall I spend my (attention) time on your site?
I asked this question myself several times and tried to identify aspects not to fall into, what I call, yet another topic blog paradigm (YATBP).
The motivation why someone starts to write are countless. Here is my personal list what I want to achive on that journey.
- focus on: content matters most
- improve my personal writing skills in the context of EFL
- follow The Grand Unified Theory of Documentation
The following topics are of interest for me, thus most posts you'll find on this side falls in one of these areas
- improving sustainability in computing
- living in a digital society
- building a career on purpose
- participating in open source software and projects
F: Why is this site called techpoet?
A: Let me cite a nice quote that actually was one of the main reasons for the name
The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination.
(Frederick P. Brooks, Jr. The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, Anniversary, 1996.)